1. Grief is a natural consequence of loss. Isn’t loss part of the life cycle?
2. You’ve got to feel it to heal it. By allowing the tsunami of grief to dash you to the depths of despair, you are actually moving into and through the process. How is your resistance to these immense feelings keeping you in grief?
3. Thoughts can trigger these waves of grief. Is there a repetitive “If only? I should have? What if?” that you think throughout your day?
4. Grief disconnects us from ourself as we long for who or what is no longer. Are you staying in the present moment by feeling your feet on the ground or your hips in a seat? Or are you living in the past?
5. By focusing your attention in this very moment by breathing out forcefully, you will be able to allow the next breath in more easily. Your breath feeds your brain and fuels your body. How far down does your breath go in you body? To your throat? Your chest? Your stomach?
6. Grief lives in your body. It might be a stabbing pain in your shoulder, a knot in you neck or extra pounds that have gradually appeared to keep you safe. Where does grief live in your body?
7. Grief allows us the opportunity to ask for help. We are holding ourselves back when we don’t ask for or accept help as offered. Is learning to ask and receive a gift of grief?
8. Grief saps the energy in our bones. It is okay to sleep, to rest, to stop doing. Are you keeping busy, busy, busy to dull the exhaustion of Grief or are you stopping to listen to your body and give it the rest it requires?
9. Grief brings up the self-criticism, failures, and doubts that are longing to be healed. How are you speaking to yourself? With patience and compassion or hateful, hurtful self-talk?
10. Grief gives us the opportunity to be a victim or a victor. To survive or thrive. How do you see yourself as a result of this loss?
11. God is at the Center of your Grief. Have you sat down with the intention of connecting to this Loving, Powerful Peaceful Stillness?
12. While in the cocoon of Grief a New You is emerging. What do you want to be, do have from this time forward?
If you’re struggling with the emotional process of grief...
I want to share a free gift with you that can help you recognize the physical, cognitive and emotional reactions you may be experiencing. You’ll also take away prompts to use daily along your journey.
Click the button below to get started!